is simple pinging utility with a graphical user interface. It is used to test whether a remote host computer is reachable across a TCP/IP network and permits to measure the round trip time for packets sent from the local computer to the remote host. Despite its apparent simplicity a Ping tool is one of the basic network administration tools commonly used to diagnose problems in a local network (LAN) and to check the reachability of a remote computer or domain over the Internet.
The user can freely set the various pinging parameters (Timeout, Time To
Live, Packet Size and number of consecutive Pings). Optionally, pinging can be continuously repeated after a user selectable time interval.
After each pinging cycle the log file displays :
- date and time of pinging start
- Host name and IP address
- errors, if any, with indication of error type
- size (number of bytes) of each received Ping data packet
- round trip time (to Host and back) for each Ping data packet
- date and time of pinging end
- statistics for the completed pinging session (maximum, minimum and
average round trip times and number of lost packets).
Installation is automatic: just unzip the archive in a temporary directory, double click on Setup.exe and follow the screen prompts.
Uninstall by clicking
the Uninstall icon in the yasPing program group or by using the Add/Remove Programs ("Programs and Features" in Windows 7) applet in the Control Panel.
The software is "Green Software" and does not modify the Registry.
- Windows 9x or higher.
- Network and/or Internet connection.
yasPing is freeware for non commercial use.