Nisc (Network I
nterface Speed Checker) is a speed monitor for data traffic over network interfaces (NIC or modem, LAN or Internet).
Installation and use
particular installation procedure is required. Just unzip the archive in a directory of your choice and put a shortcut to NISC.exe in
your Startup group for the program to start automatically when the computer boots.
To uninstall, delete the files NISC.exe and NISC.ini and remove the shortcut from the Startup
Position the window on the screen by clicking on the crossed arrows on the left and dragging it around while holding the mouse button depressed.
Right click on the small window to bring up a menu with the following options:
* Freeze / Start: stops or resumes speed monitoring.
* Reset: reset all fields to zero.
* Stay on Top: prevents NISC from being hidden by another window.
* Normal View / Full View: switches between simple and extended user interfaces.
* Minimize to tray: minimizes NISC to the System Tray without stopping the program. Double click on the tray icon to restore the window.
* Select Adapter:
opens the Full View to select the network adapter. After selecting the adapter, click the "Select NIC" button to remember the selection.
* About: some info about the software.
* Exit: completely stops and exits the program.
Settings and screen position are remembered at next program start.
Windows 9x or higher, local area network with one or more NICs and/or modem.
Nisc is freeware for non commercial use.