The main purpose of Duax Pro
is to sound an audible alarm whenever a dial-up Internet connection is established or broken. It is especially useful if you have more than one computer connected in a local area network and sharing a single modem. Without an audible alarm one of the computers (the ones without the modem) might establish unintentional and unnoticed modem connections.
- Sounds an alarm when modem dials, connects or disconnects (Internet connections)
- Sounds an alarm at preset times when online or when connection is idle (Optional)
- Sounds an alarm when preset monthly time online is exceeded (Optional)
- Sounds an alarm when preset monthly download volume is exceeded (Optional)
- Displays connection progress, connection status and error messages
- Shows brand or type of modem
- Displays ISP-account name and own IP-address
- Displays connection statistics: DCE speed (connection speed), bytes sent, bytes received
- Displays the time the connection is active
- Keeps a viewable and printable logfile of online time and data upload and download
- Easy connection using the connection selected in a list of all available external connections
- Also monitors connections initiated by other applications
- Runs in the system tray
- Icon flashes when connected
- Alarm sounds can be replaced with wav-files of user's choice
- Fully configurable
- Connection speed monitor displays actual, peak and average values of upload and download
- Speed monitor can be used to monitor other interfaces than dial-up (modem) interface, e.g. the network interface of the LAN
- Runs on all versions of Windows 9x
- Runs on Windows 2000 and higher but DCE speed is not available
Installation and use
Installation is automatic: just double click the file Setup.exe. However, for the program to start automatically each time you boot your computer, you should put a
shortcut to it in your Startup group.
Uninstall by clicking the Uninstall icon in the Duax Pro
program group or using the "Add/Remove Programs" applet in the Control Panel.
When Duax Pro
is running it will automatically start up whenever a modem connection to the Internet is established and it will audibly and visually inform you about it. These connections can be initiated from the Duax Pro connection list or by any other application running on the same or on a networked computer sharing the modem of the system where
Duax Pro is installed.
Clicking on the "Hide" button minimizes the application and a flashing telephone will then be visible in the system tray as long as the
modem is online. Optionally, the "Online" and "Maximum" sounds will be heard if appropriate.
Clicking on the phone icon in the system tray restores the application to its normal size.
Windows 9x or higher, dial-up modem, Internet connection, soundcard.
Duax Pro is now freeware.
Register your copy with the following serial number: 689D62A772A27C